This is my first Liebster Award nomination and I am honored beyond words. Thank you to LePandaBaby for the nomination– you are too kind, thanks for being a good friend!
Official Rules of the Liebster Award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog in your Liebster Award post.
2. Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge into your post.
3. Answer the 10 questions you were given when you were nominated.
4. Come up with 10 questions you would like to ask of your nominees.
5. Nominate 5-10 newbie bloggers, by commenting on one of their blog posts with a link to your Liebster Award post, and a short message about nominating them.
Questions from LePandaBaby:
1.) What are your hobbies?
Spending time with my children. They are small right now and they need me, what else would I rather be doing? I know the day will soon come when I will have time to spare, so for now, it is all theirs!
2.) Most embarrassing moment?
I have this uncanny ability to forget bad moments and only remember the good ones. However, I did have an incredibly embarrassing year or so back when I was 16. I dated this terrible person who, when all was said and done I found out the entire relationship was based on some pretty huge lies that everyone knew about but me: he told me his sister died when she really didn’t, that his mom was in a coma when she really wasn’t, I could go on but I think that sums it up pretty nicely… it was just a a really bad situation and I was SO naive. If that doesn’t SCREAM embarrassing I don’t know what does.
3.) Why you started your blog?
I love to write. I love to get my thoughts down and be able to look back at what I was going through, what I was feeling. I find it fulfilling to get a piece of work, which I care so deeply about the content of, to the final step of publishing. I write for me, and there are not a whole lot of things I do for me these days!
4.) How do you find purpose in life?
Through caring for myself and those I love. There was a time when I had a hard time finding purpose, thinking I needed someone in my life to fill the void. It took me a few years of soul searching to finally figure it out, but I learned to love myself and do things because they made ME happy.
My children and my husband are the lights of my life and they need me as much as I need them– they are probably my true purpose.
5.) What drives you to keep on trying again each day?
My family and my faith in the good Lord.
6.) What is your biggest regret?
I try not to have regrets. I have learned that the things I may have once regretted actually built my character and lead me to something greater
7.) What is your biggest fear?
Losing those I love.
8.) What is your favorite color?
Aesthetically, teal and purple. To wear, white and navy. For a car, pearl. For a flower, yellow.
9.) What is your favorite food?
“Favorite” for me probably changes from day to day, or even meal to meal… right now it is Taco John’s super potato oles with extra seasoning (eiw, right?). Don’t worry, I only eat them once every few years, usually right before I find out I’m pregnant, ha!
10.) What is your favorite animal?
Puppies, all puppies, but mostly golden retrievers.
11.) Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Hopefully really close to where I am right now: a mother, a wife, a sister, daughter, and a friend. Other than being 10 years older, and raising a bunch of tweens, I really hope everything else pretty much stays the same. But wherever it takes me, I hope I’m still happy.
My Nominations (Please check them out!):
New Questions by WhoIAmToday for those nominated:
- Who is your doppelganger?
- If you could have one super power, what would it be?
- If you were stranded on a deserted island and could only have 3 things, what would they be?
- What is the one thing you could never give up on?
- What is your biggest pet-peeve?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- What is your dream vacation?
- What is the hardest decision you have ever had to make?
- What is the best decision you have ever made?
- What qualities in a person do you most admire?
- What are you most afraid of?
Can’t wait to see all of your responses!